I ran the commands you recommended and tried it about 4 hours after that. As another way to troubleshoot the problem, I created a new profile for Outlook.It had all of the up-to-date information until I did a manual send/receive of the address book.
You can look at the time stamps in the output file to verify that the file has been created.
I thought I would take a few minutes to post some information on how to troubleshoot OAB Generation problem.
There are two really basic things that must be understood before troubleshooting any process: One way to verify this is to turn up diagnostic logging to maximum or expert, and then rebuild your Offline Address List.
This will be done two different ways depending on the version of Exchange you are running (Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007).
9121 - OALGen successfully loaded the hierarchy table for /.
(\Global Address List) 9131 - OALGen is attempting to open the Public Folder which stores Offline Address Lists.
If you do not have the domain controller name in the event id, you will need to take a Netmon trace.
Taking a Netmon trace will show you where the NSPI calls are going, then you know that is the domain controller you are using.
I created an alternative OAB, connected it to the Default GAL, made that OAB the defualt OAB, and tried to download it through Outlook. The first thing I would do is switch to either web only or mixed (web and public folder).
Then once set, run get-offlineaddresbook | update-offlineaddressbook Wait 20 minutes or so for it to update, then check in the Application log to see if there are any generation errors.
We have another server in the wings waiting to be deployed, but we need to address the problem in the meantime. If it does not, then it is the generation or distribution process that is failing. OWA reflects the information correctly, but Outlook does not. I have tried deleting the OAB files, but when I download the address book, it still has the outdated version.